Hi All:

Shop is pulling my motor today and will send it out to be rebuilt at a local reputable engine shop. I want a complete rebuild of the engine. I know this is going to cost me some dough, and to some of you it may not be worth it, but it is to me. I love this old truck and I intend to keep it forever.

Hence, I want to do a performance build, including full race cam, split headers, hi-perf ingnition, carburetion, etc. I realize that I could get more HP out of a V8, but I don't want to go that route. I don't mind sacrificing some stock appearance but I don't want a V8. It's just a personal thing.

I'm curious about carburetion (and everything else for that matter). Would a 4bbl work without modifications to the hood?

I don't intend to race this vehicle (street or track.) I want something that sounds keen, and I wouldn't mind surprising a few 4 bangers at stoplights -- you know the types.

When I raise the hood I want it to look all spiffy and sweeet.

Any suggestions are welcome.


Seek results, not perfection. Remember this is a truck, not a Rolex watch.