DrewP:
I ordered that part numbered. It is a Classic Performance part. Eckler claims the part number is correct. Classic Perf does not answer their phone. The delivered adapter looks nothing like that. The instruction sheet looks like the delivered part and says it will fit 47 through 54. I will attach the sheet in my next post. It pretty clear.

Deve:
I saw your photo's. That is one absolutely fantastic looking truck and I am wallowing in sinful envy. I was wondering what mine looked like 59 years ago. Back to the adapter: Those adapter pics are good. I was expecting to get one that looks exactly like what is on your truck. Take a look at the installation sheet, you will see what I mean. Its funny even the install instructions say it will fit a 54. Where did you buy yours?

Thanks for help. I really do appreciate it. Check out the instructions that came with it in the next post.
John