Thanks for all the comments! I have a barn on my property and the mice really like it so there are quite a few around. I have since acquired a cat and he is doing a very good job it seems. Before the cat, I tried the mothballs, sticky traps, regular traps with peanut butter and never caught a one. I did manage to get a couple that had made a home in my Kennedy tool chest and another few that thought the vacuum cleaner hose would make a good nest. The cat seems to be the best deterrent though. Thanks for the offer of the perforated metal but I do have some as well as some bronze screen material.
Last year I went to change the air cleaner in my 2004 Siverado and found that the mice had started to nest in there! I used bits of the aluminum expanded metal from the old air cleaner to make some barriers and that seems to work pretty well.


1950 3600
1951 4400
Gazz