| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,637 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ....this may not be for everyone but I've told a couple bolters about it and they have told me it worked for them.
My passenger door on my panel was doing just what you describe. Latch and striker looked good but no matter what I did it was just as you describe. I was ordering some parts one day and decided that for a couple bucks I'd try that little "clip" that you snap over the door latch that catches on the striker. I put it on and on the first try the door shut solid. I simple couldn't believe it and did a Cherokee Indian dance around the shop. After a year it still works good. You may want to try it??????
DP128...now cost $2.75 Door Latch Repair Spring 1947-63
http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/cart/index.asp?cat2=9752&path=1947+%2D+Early+1955+Truck+Parts%2FDoor+%26+Components%2FDoor+Latches%2C+Striker+Plates%2C+Etc%2E | | |
| |
| |