I recently ran into some problems w/an aftermarket 7 wire turn signal switch I thought I'd pass along.
The switch is fairly new, less than a yr old, and I can't tell how long it was causing intermittent brake light failures but I'll guess perhaps for atleast 1/2 the time I've had it in service.
The problem is on occasion the brake lights wouldn't work but the turn signals always worked.
I started noticing people that were following me running up on me when I was slowing to turn and/or stop.
In troubleshooting I discovered that I could barely pull back on the turn signal lever and the brake lights would work every time. There wasn't much back & forth play in the lever but there was enough to effect the contacts inside the switch to not make when the lever was centered and not activating the TS's.
I would watch my ammmeter at idle to determine whether the brake lights were working or not.
I decided to fix it rather than contact the supplier.
The fix was fairly simple. I added a small washer inside the switch on the lever assembly that would take up the free play. I didn't take any pics but it was very easy to do.
It's very self evident to see where it's needed once the 2 screws that hold the switch together are removed and both halves separated.
The lever operates fine with no noticeable drag and all it's functions work as they're supposed to.
In closing I make it a habit of testing those brake lights everytime before I roll out of the shop. In my area you definitely want those tailgaters to know when to back off grin
Dave