Exactly knowing limitations is the key. Bravo well said. Knowing how to do it and actually being able to do it is really two different things. I love the drywall example. I seen it done, I know how to do it but hiding the seems is just not my nack.

Now days you can just about Google or You Tube any info. Look at this site you just plug in your problem and you can get a bunch of replays. There is always a great tech tip here. What did they do back in the day before computers? I had to laugh if you read the old manuals for instance when installing king pins it said to use lard.

I vote for a rebuild however because I had the space, the tools, the money and an engine building buddy (like when you go swimming). I posted a lot of questions and read a lot of articles. I am so glad I did it and I am glad I did not miss the opportunity to learn how to rebuild it or miss the opportunity to learn about the 235.

I understand the patch for a temporary fix, and you gotta do what you gotta do.

I would not discard the remanufacture if I did not have the confidence or skills I guess that's where knowing your limitations comes in.



"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100