| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,354 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 | I ran a 160 all last spring,summer & fall with out any problems. Temps avg'ed under 180 even on the hottest days.
I went to a 180 come winter for 2 different reasons. 1) To cut down on condensation buildup in the valve cover. 2) I saw an old Jim Handy film on youtube which indicated that these old stovebolts were designed to run at 180 degrees.
The 180 did cut down on the condensation buildup and the temps have been avg'ing right at 180 this winter which gives me real good cab heat.
I've kept the 160 just in case my old 216 runs hot come 90 d+egree summer days. Dave
| | |
| |
| |