I view everything under the prism of 1947-1955, so the passenger kick panel is out.. the heater is there. The passenger rear cab corner is out, there is a gas tank spout there. So the drivers rear cab corner is the place where there is room to grab it without much thought. My plan since I am in the frame up resto process is to spot weld a very high quality extinguisher holder in place. Not a big deal since I am also creating two drawers under the seat for jacks and accessories, first aid kit, essential tools, etc. Then using zues fasteners (1/4 turn) on the transmission cover, and a nice rectangular door for the dual MC. If I get nervous about spot welding on the cab corner I will create a reinforcing bracket to absorb the energy. Its all about fun and what feels like the right thing to do. And BEER! lol.

I had Fire Extinguisher Training every year in the Air Force. It came around as often as we had to kiss the dummy (CPR training). There are three classes of fire.. A, B, C. If the extinguisher is rated for all, its the right one to use. I don't feel good about spraying powder all over my precious, but in your defense you had more pressing issues at the time! If this thread helps one person decide they better add an extinguisher, it really was worth it. smile


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet