Originally Posted by BDammers47
Interesting reading everyone's thoughts on this.

I'm planning on adding one to my '47 3100. It has a 3-on-the-floor transmission and a parking brake lever so the middle seat area is a bit crowded. The truck is getting a fresh air heater, so the right side kick panel will be crowded as well. I was considering getting an auto bracket and mounting the extinguisher horizontally along the floor attached to the seat box (laying across the cab, not front to rear).

As an alternate, I was thinking about using rare earth magnets to hold it in place, the thoughts being:
1) Sufficient holding force for "Stovebolt Driving", and
2) Easily removable w/o leaving a trace

I'd appreciate feedback on those ideas - many minds are better than one.

Thanks,

Bill

I wouldn't use magnets, for a couple reasons, but essentially you want something that's as essential and heavy as a fire extinguisher to be well secured, without any chance of it moving and subsequently becoming damaged or causing damage, while driving.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket