The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#1453635 06/01/2022 11:47 PM
3 Images
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 5
M
'Bolter
1957 Chevy 6400 -- Barn Find

This is my 1957 Chevy 6400. I found it in a barn south of the town where I go to college in Southern Iowa. The lady who owned the truck at the time knew almost nothing about it other than her late husband's uncle had bought it new in 57 and it had been kept in a barn all of its life. She told me that it had ran about three years ago when it was parked there and had not been touched since and that if I wanted it she would hold onto it until I could save up the money and get it running. My girlfriend and I spent the next two months working on it after class in the barn. Finally on May 1st, 2022, I paid $1,200 for it and drove it home.

The truck is a 1957 6400 (6409S) with a 261, a two speed rear end, and an Omaha Standard box. It has absolutely no body rust, and only one small half dollar sized hole in the bench seat. To drive this truck home all it needed was an oil change, coolant, some brake fluid and a new resistor.

My plan for this truck is not decided yet but I would like to rebuild and repaint the wood on the bed. I think when I take the old bed off, I will clean up and coat the frame. Otherwise I'm just going to take her to shows and drive her on Sunday cruises.
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/17/2022 12:38 AM.
7 Comments
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
Wow!! What a bargain. I have no use for a truck that big but would not pass up a deal like that. Rare find indeed.


1957 Chevy 3200
Daily Driver
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights/backup lights/interior courtesy lights.
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
Very nice, what a great find. thumbs_up Does your truck have a hoist?

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 238
P
Rustbucket Ranch
Rustbucket Ranch
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 238
That's a score! Great looking truck cool


1949 Chevy 3100 (In the family since new)
1955.5 Chevy 3100 - in the DITY Gallery - (Dad's truck)
1955 Chevy 6500 - in Big Bolts - (Possible parts truck?)
1958 Chevy 3800 w/9 ft bed - in Project Journals - (Current project)
1959 Chevy Spartan 10400 - in Big Bolts
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Great looking truck! Congratulations!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
Nice rig!


BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,397
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,397
If you bring it to the KC reunion I'll double your money on it :D, beautiful old truck.

Last edited by TUTS 59; 06/07/2022 4:45 PM.

~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
Nice deal, I'm curious why the side emblems are on the wrong sides? Must have had a repaint at some time, is that the original color?


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0