| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,418 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | It was cold and rainy today so I finally got around to writing up my article on changing the fuel pump. As the title suggests, I dummied my mechanical pump so it still looks stock under the hood. Read all about it. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | Looks great Cletis!! I need to do something like that. Mine had an electric pump direct.. I like the looks and design.. Hopefully you won't mine me copying.....Can you explain the oil pressure switch/setup?? Dan | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I put a tee at the oil pressure gauge outlet of the engine and put a pressure switch in one of the holes. The switch is normally open but with oil pressure the switch closes providing power to the fuel pump.
I told the NAPA guy what I wanted and he got out the book and we found a suitable switch. I think mine is 7 psi. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 71 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 71 | | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 | Nice write up, and what a great idea!
Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 229 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 229 | i like it also. really like the switch also always nice to have a safety system in place.
MO's 1951 chevy 3100 resto mod project
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 | Thank you Cletis for taking the time to do the write up. I was wondering how to do the same thing on my 55 truck. And thanks to you I don't have to wonder anymore. One question, where did you pick the fuel pump up at? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I found it in an Ebay search. It was recommended to me and I searched the PN. | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2010 Posts: 303 | okay sounds good i will run a search on one. | | |
| |
| |