The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (TexasJim50, Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, GusG, Lonnie, Nick in Manitou, J Lucas, moparguy), 102 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,428
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
It was cold and rainy today so I finally got around to writing up my article on changing the fuel pump. As the title suggests, I dummied my mechanical pump so it still looks stock under the hood.

Read all about it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Looks great Cletis!! I need to do something like that. Mine had an electric pump direct.. I like the looks and design.. Hopefully you won't mine me copying.....Can you explain the oil pressure switch/setup??
Dan

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I put a tee at the oil pressure gauge outlet of the engine and put a pressure switch in one of the holes. The switch is normally open but with oil pressure the switch closes providing power to the fuel pump.

I told the NAPA guy what I wanted and he got out the book and we found a suitable switch. I think mine is 7 psi.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Nicely done.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
Nice write up, and what a great idea!

Jeremy


1950 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Long Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

Sold all the bikes, leaving California behind.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
M
mo Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
i like it also. really like the switch also always nice to have a safety system in place.


MO's 1951 chevy 3100 resto mod project
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
Thank you Cletis for taking the time to do the write up. I was wondering how to do the same thing on my 55 truck. And thanks to you I don't have to wonder anymore. One question, where did you pick the fuel pump up at?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I found it in an Ebay search. It was recommended to me and I searched the PN.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
okay sounds good i will run a search on one.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0