The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (R&S 51 GMC, Otto Skorzeny, ShopRag, baldeagle), 147 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#998372 01/10/2014 7:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 224
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 224
I'm wondering what the box panel under the rear fenders was painted? Was it body color or black? Seems to me it would have been body color. Also, does anyone know what originally was the INSIDE color of the four fenders? I've finally determined the original color and am considering how much paint I will need.

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 29
Z
New Guy
New Guy
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 29
Looking under my own 47 (has never been repainted and is 95% rust) the under side of the fenders are red like my fire wall. Shields on frame are body color. Bed side is body color. Frame is black as is all suspension parts. 47 is a tricky year just so you know. You should specify late or early as body styles were different I'm talking about the late 47.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 224
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 224
Yes my PU is a late '47. AD truck. I'm bummed because someone removed the ID plate from driver pillar so I'm unable to accurately trace its history. It was repainted 'corvette yellow' somewhere along the line. Have found tho the original color was Mariner Blue. Due to the repaint it's really hard to determine what was the original paint scheme. That's why I ask so many questions!! I rely on experiences/suggestions from helpful peoplelike you. Thanks for your help!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0