| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,319 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 | I only had one headlight working so I pulled it to check the beam and could not believe how much raw wire was exposed due to rotted fabric wire covering. I would normally just replace wire by wire but the socket is so bad I'll try to purchase a new pigtail for both sides. I also figured out there is only one wire to the parking light, which does work. So how does the turn signal work? It does have it installed on the column, complete with a flasher under the dash with power going out! To where? Only the single pole parking lights on front and only one tail light in rear. I'm hoping I can also find a double wire/contact pigtail for the parking light. I'll be tracing the flasher wires today. Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | Since there were no signal lights installed from the factory there's no telling where your power wire on your signal lights goes to, as this was added after the fact. If you're going to install a double-filament socket/bulb in the parking lights, then just remove the old wiring and re-do it. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 | I believe that the 1941s did NOT come with turn signals, so they would have been added somewhere down the line. Look at a wiring diagram for some GM product that came with them in the 1950s to get an idea of how yours need to be wired.
Best wishes,
Les
Last edited by Roadmarks; 01/22/2014 5:03 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | there's an excellent article on wiring up the add on signals in the tech tips, should get you blinking in no time
Bill | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 | I just finished this on my truck. You could disconnect the parking lights and use the lamp for turn signals or you need to install an 1157 socket and use an 1154 6v lamp. This is much brighter than oem. I did the same on my tail lights.I have pictures in photo bucket. | | |
| |
| |