The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (cmayna, FAST55, Phak1, Cletus1950, Peggy M, Flatblu4748, Charles in CA), 74 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,687
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#995586 12/30/2013 3:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 57
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 57
Looking at filling some of the holes in my 46' firewall.
After filling several heater holes, I am finding several holes on the drivers side that I have no idea what was mounted there. Could it be that there was an optional oil filter that was mounted in that location. The filter I have is mounted to the manifold. Thanks, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Jim-

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Jim,

I went through the same exercise on my 41. 70+ years allows a lot of time for extraneous hole creation. I don't think that an oil filter was ever mounted on the drivers side firewall, but late 1941-45 military trucks all had an oil filter mounted on the passenger side of the firewall.

Are you certain the holes you mentioned are not for your voltage regulator? If you look really close at suspect holes (with a magnifying glass if necessary), you can see the difference between a factory stamped hole and a drilled hole.

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0