| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (2-Ton, WICruiser, Southerntruck, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, Ponchogl, DaveV),
98
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,362 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 | I was wondering where I could find a cross member for a Tremec TKO 600 that would fit on a 1951 Chevy 3600 frame. Any ideas? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy zinkschevy, If the engine mounts are still stock, I don,t think a crossmember would be required, Merry Christmas. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 | Its won't be because I'm putting in a v8.
Last edited by zinkschevy; 12/26/2013 5:54 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy zinkschevy, in that case, if you could find a rear of engine crossmember from a 54 or 55 1st series and swap that into your frame, then you could use the factory V8 mounts from a 55 2nd and up V8 truck, and still not need the transmission crossmember, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 | I understand finding the right cross member and trans mount. The problem is I can't find one. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 | | | |
| |
| |