| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,345 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 137 | I searched cleaning and restoring gas tanks, and read with great interest all the methods Bolter's used. But I didn't find any with reference to a baffled tank like my 41' has. I am particularly interested in cleaning and coating inside. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | It's pretty easy to get the top, bottom and sides of the tank cleaned & coated. The sides of the baffles are a bit more of a challenge since you can't see everything. The only way I know of to be absolutely certain that you get 100% cleaning and coverage is to use one of the services what cuts a hole in your tank to gain full access then welds it back when finished. I cleaned & coated my '38 almost ten years ago and haven't had any issues.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 36 | I used the electrolysis method on my 47 tank with baffles and it looked so clean I could eat out of it. It can take awhile depending how much juice you pump through it with your electrolyte concentration. I took the slow and steady route and it looked great. I used the POR 15 tank sealer and thought it covered pretty well by just shaking it around the inside of the tank. | | |
| |
| |