| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,305 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 | I read a post about the tremec t5 and how the shifter can be located close to the stock position. Could this transmission handle a gm 350? Tremec.com says it has a 300 ftlb torque rating. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 568 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 568 | It should handle it. All tremec 5 speeds have the same rating. My brothers mustang has 400lb/ft and a stock t5. Hasn't broke yet and he beats the hell out of it.
Last edited by Hollow65; 12/23/2013 1:27 AM.
I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 | Tremec also makes the TKO 5 speed rated at 600 ft. lb. But unless you have done quite a bit to get power to the pavement or put a load of dirt in it, I wouldn't think a T5 would be a problem either. Check them out at SummitRacing.com
Dennis
40 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 | My first thought was the TKO600 but I thought the adjustable shifter of the t5 worlds be easier to install. I just want something to dive when I want where I want. I'm not racing or hauling. Just driving a truck I can be proud of.
Last edited by zinkschevy; 12/23/2013 4:56 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I have put T-5 from S-10 pickups behind 350's & have never tore one up. I drive it normally. There is also a TKO500 that is real stout & has various locations for the shifter. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 34 | Yea, I looked it up. Looks like the 600 has the various locations too and the gearing I like. Thanks. | | |
| |
| |