The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#988599 11/25/2013 5:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
Been out of action for quite awhile. Working on a grain truck my Dad bought new and went through 3 other owners and now back to me. Hauled my first load of grain to the bin when I was 11 (1972) in this truck.
Want to put new rubber on the floor but the LCF is hard to find a mat for. Any ideas? The other parts I need are not so difficult...


1946 Chevy 2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Flickr

1966 Chevrolet L60
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
__________________________
Whoa! That can't be right!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
I've only ever found one NOS floormat for a LCF, in 30 years. Never found one not torn.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
I've only ever found one NOS floormat for a LCF, in 30 years. Never found one not torn. A 60 series LCF, is a L60, & not a C60.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
Appreciate the series correction. Just what I figured on the floor mat, most likely a dead end.


1946 Chevy 2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Flickr

1966 Chevrolet L60
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
__________________________
Whoa! That can't be right!
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 66
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 66
Hey. I grew up on a sod farm and LOVED to replace the carpet with the thick 'construction' mat.
JC Whitney used to sell long ago but I think that ACC (auto custom carpets) still sells a heavy duty rubber matting to cover the whole floor. Even under the seats!
You might even see their stuff on Ebay with others that might get you what you need.
(I'm going the same route with my '64 2-ton)
It's just breathing that rubber smell for months during the HOT Memphis temps.
IT GETS EVERYWHERE.. YOUR PILLOW WILL START TO SMELL LIKE RUBBER.

Errol

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 66
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 66
Here's some that I found
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=373&MakeId=31&ModelId=88

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OER-GM-Restoration-Parts-Original-Style-Floor-Mat-M62002-/390694264039?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1964%7CMake%3AChevrolet&hash=item5af7315ce7&vxp=mtr

E

Last edited by Errol; 11/25/2013 4:16 PM.
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 66
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 66
AND this is what I might go with since its' CHEAPer... Just NOT molded though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Hard-Sound-Deadener-Replace-OEM-42-Sq-Ft-80-Mil-FREE-Shipping-/251357999372?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1964%7CMake%3AChevrolet&hash=item3a861ab10c&vxp=mtr

E

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
Errol,

Thanks for the leads. I'm lookinging into them all.


1946 Chevy 2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Flickr

1966 Chevrolet L60
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
__________________________
Whoa! That can't be right!

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0