| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (delky, Steelonsteel),
235
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 52 | The bottoms of my sliding window frames on my '60 Burb are rusted through. My original plan was to replace the back sliders on each side with a solid glass pane, then taking those back frames, cutting out the top of the frame which isn't rusted, and after a little work welding it on as a new bottom on the middle sliders. I went to the Good Guys swap meet yesterday and one of the vendors there said the slider window frames for the '60 are the same size all the way up to 1966? I've just been looking for frames from '60s and '61s. Does anyone know if the frames are the same from '60 through '66? If so, I've got 5 more years worth of Burbs to look at to try to find 2 good non- rusted ones. All help greatly appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | Pretty sure they are all the same, I got some nice used ones from Aridzona. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 52 | Thanks Shop Shark.
Do you remember where in Arizona? I've gone to salvage yards in Phoenix but all I've seen have the same rusted out issue. Any and all help appreciated.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | '60-'66 Chevy/GMC Suburban Carryall sliders are the same. As you know, driver-side front, driver-side rear, passenger-side front & passenger-side rear, sliding window frames are all position-specific and are not interchangeable.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 52 | Thanks Tony. I apologize for the delay in reply and appreciate the info. Gregg | | |
| |
| |