The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (5 Window 9434, Jon G, John Dlugos, jmoore, moparguy), 96 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,325
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#985853 11/13/2013 1:07 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I have gone through quite a few posts on here but can not find anything about the C60's that have the 5 lug front wheels. I have already planned to purchase new rear 10 lug rims when they become available at a cheaper price in the spring from wheels now, but the 5 lug fronts have me scratching my head. I can have them custom made for about $335 a piece but I would like to find a cheaper alternative if its possible but I'm thinking I will end up going the custom route. Does any one have any specs or info they could share with me on these 5 lug wheels?


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 199
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 199
Are you sure they are not 10 lug wheels that only use 5 lugs? Ther is probably a cover over the center of the wheel to cover the lugs not used.


Shane
1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside
1959 Apache 3200 NAPCO
1957 Chevy 5700 Low Cab Forward
1959 GMC F370 LCF
Another 1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside
1959 Chevy 5700 LCF
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton
1958 GMC 600
1974 Elcamino SS




Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy IHBoilermaker, after checking my parts book, it sounds like you have the 5/10 stud Kelsey hub piloted wheels on your truck. Each wheel has ten stud holes on an 8.75" bolt circle, the wheels when used on the front axle only use five studs/nuts there were cover plates for the front wheels that would hide the fact that you were only using five of the ten holes in the wheel. I have tried to verify about the cover plate on your year of truck, but so far I have not come up with a part number for the cover plate, hope that helps.

3B #986101 11/13/2013 11:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
These are pics of my front wheels as it sits now. I also included one of the rear setup. So essentially I could just add five more studs to the drum and make these 10 lug?

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/70242525@N05/10844246255/

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/70242525@N05/10844390424/in/photostream

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/70242525@N05/10844305386/in/photostream/


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy IHBoilermaker,yes you could do that if you really don't have anything else to do, more studs are not required for front wheel retention.

3B #986133 11/14/2013 1:49 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
Ahhhh..I see what your saying.....The new ten lug wheels will just bolt right on without any additional lugs added...I don't know why I was looking at it that way...duh


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 199
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 199
we all need a little bump in the right direction sometimes....that what this forum is all about.


Shane
1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside
1959 Apache 3200 NAPCO
1957 Chevy 5700 Low Cab Forward
1959 GMC F370 LCF
Another 1959 Apache 3100 Fleetside
1959 Chevy 5700 LCF
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton
1958 GMC 600
1974 Elcamino SS





Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0