The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Shade Baby, Otto Skorzeny, Dennys28, Mike B, klhansen, 1 invisible), 82 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,649
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
Well, I remove all the wiring and cables from the dash and removed all the knobs today. That darn light switch was all kinds of fun though. I searched on here afterwards how to do it and then slap myself on the forehead. (should of had a V8)

I'm pretty sure I did this wrong.
http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/cjreyna02/media/Truck%20Electrical/013_zpsc046807e.jpg.html

This part was easy.
http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/cjreyna02/media/Truck%20Electrical/012_zps3abdb9c9.jpg.html


"Start living your dream now no matter what the sacrifice, and everything else will fall into place."
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
What is the question? You took it apart to remove it...from the dash? "Should have looked up how to remove this light switch"? Do you mean should have looked up how to disassemble or assemble? What do you need from us? How to wire it back up?
http://www.classicchevy.com/assets/illustrations/classicchevy/25-01.jpg


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 85
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 85
Don't think Los59 is posing a question or looking for an answer. I think he is just saying if I looked for the answer before destroying the switch I would not have destroyed the switch. I think this not cause I am smart, it is because I have messed up so much.
Los59, there is a boatload of info here, it's overwhelming. Seems almost all the problems you will run into have been asked and answered. What I do is if I start something and have a problem, I clean my hands, log on, search and read and usually the answer is here with pictures and everything.

Welcome to the journey!


1951 Chevy 3600 rust bucket with GarWood dump bed conversion
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeybs51chevy
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
Yeah, sorry no actual question. Was just a bit of humor cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this before. Also kind of an update on my project.

Which brings up a question, instead of posting little updates all over the site, is there a preferred place for project updates/progress?


"Start living your dream now no matter what the sacrifice, and everything else will fall into place."
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
try a post in the DITY forum, or climb on the "what did you ..." thread in general truck talk, humor belongs in the greasy spoon

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 32
Ok good deal, thanks Bill.


"Start living your dream now no matter what the sacrifice, and everything else will fall into place."

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0