The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
I am running a 6 volt system but I added turn signals. Can anyone point me to a 6 volt two filament lamp that would be suitable for parking and turn. Right now I am playing with two lamps but I would prefer a single lamp. I will replace the stock lamp socket with a two contact one if they are available. Plenty of 12v ones available but I have not found a 6 Volt one. Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You can get universal sockets at any parts store. It doesn't matter if it is 6 or 12 volts. Use a 6 volt flasher & 6 volt bulbs. Any added wire use heavier gauge then 12 volt.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
You have a source for 6 volt two filament lamp?

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Don't our vintage parts vendors sell them???
Here's one place that has 1154 bulbs and if you do a search for
1154 bulbs I think you'll find a ton of places that have them.


http://www.motorcyclepartsmegastore...hopping&gclid=CL-2sOP_z7oCFcs-MgodOywAVg

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
I did that on my '46. I didn't want to drill holes in the fenders. The NAPA store had to special order the 1154 bulbs and I had to take the whole box of 10. It works well and looks just like original.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
Thanks. I think I'll have to special order too. I struck out after work around here. But I'll use the 1154 LL lamp. Thanks all.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 82
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 82
try oldchevytrucks.com, bowtiebits.com and chevysofthe40s.com

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
found some at oreilly auto. I am set. Thanks.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0