| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,685 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | My parking brake rod has a repair weld, so I am wondering if it is shorter then stock. My brake rod is 69 3/4 inches, from the end of the clevis where it connects to the paw at the hand brake, to the threaded end of the rod. There is also no tab or extension for a spring to connect to the rod. Did the 4400 have such a spring? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | My 45 1.5 ton had the rod cut off near the E-brake handle. Since I live in K.C. I zipped over to Jim Carters and we found a replacement in the "great basement" of used parts. I'm sure if you call them he can find a rod if its in need of replacement. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | Thanks Lend-Lease, after my original post it dawned on me that my cables might be stretched. So I measured them and they are both longer then what the stock 58 1/4. So I am awaiting delivery of some NOS cables and hopefully that will do the trick. Thats pretty convent for you having JC close by! | | |
| |
| |