The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (KEVINSKI, ronsway, Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, TrknGMC, TooMany2count), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,481
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
I recently bought a complete{?} weatherstrip kit for my windows and doors, I'm installing new glass as well. I notice there are no rubber strips to cushion the vent or window glass in the frame channels. I can't find them for sale individually or in a kit. I suppose I could lay a bead of silicone in the channel and seat the glass in that but I'd prefer to avoid a potential mess. I'd appreciate any help on this...


53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
what's used under the vent glass is glass setting tape, available from most any local glass shop in different thicknesses - the roll up glass does have a rubber channel that goes into the bottom sash [with a lip on it], usually not in the kits - see item GST and WI219 here

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 35
Thank you red58!!!! Found some on Fleabay!


53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0