| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,427 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 35 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 35 | I recently bought a complete{?} weatherstrip kit for my windows and doors, I'm installing new glass as well. I notice there are no rubber strips to cushion the vent or window glass in the frame channels. I can't find them for sale individually or in a kit. I suppose I could lay a bead of silicone in the channel and seat the glass in that but I'd prefer to avoid a potential mess. I'd appreciate any help on this...
53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | what's used under the vent glass is glass setting tape, available from most any local glass shop in different thicknesses - the roll up glass does have a rubber channel that goes into the bottom sash [with a lip on it], usually not in the kits - see item GST and WI219 hereBill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 35 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 35 | Thank you red58!!!! Found some on Fleabay!
53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall
| | |
| |
| |