| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
177
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 2 | I have a 1962 Chevy PU w/ 261 ci. I want to touch up the green engine and valve cover.
Does anybody know where I can find the high heat green paint that matches the orginal color of the engine ? prefer in pint or quart vs spray can.
thanks in advance !
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Alpine Green or Detroit Diesel green. I buy mine from NAPA. Have noticed color variation from batch to batch over the years so I buy a case at a time now.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome swanbo, I used Plasti-kote alpine green engine enamel #225. Spray bomb for me for such a little job. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 2 | Good Info.. thanks a bunch ! Swanbo out !~ | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 20 | Jim Carter still sells the green engine paint | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | I'd now pay the $$$ for quality paint that was posted by bowtietim. I have not looked through those old 261 posts showing Alpine Green, but I think I recall (as Grigg confirms, above) that Detroit Diesel (and/or maybe John Deere green) were/was similar to the 261 green. Both those colors are available in rattle-can. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | The John Deere green is way to bright. The Detroit Diesel works good. | | |
| |
| |