The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (UtahYork), 117 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
8
'Bolter
'Bolter
8 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
I would like to install a low rev (prefer 4000rpm,) tach on my '48 6volt 235 Loadmaster. I have looked thru the archives, but I still have not found any specific tach's to look for. Any suggestions?
I did find this Awesome conversion, however I would like a small steering column mounted tach.


Curt Warren
Salt Lake City
1948 1.5ton Loadmaster
http://photobucket.com/48loadmaster
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
This might work:
http://www.westach.com/products/SINGLE/2%20INCH/TACHOMETERS/index.php
They have more than one to choose from.


Steve H
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
8
'Bolter
'Bolter
8 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
Thanks Steve H. that seems to be exactly what I am looking for!
Do you (or anyone else) know which one I would need for a stock 6 volt system with the 235?
1. std pt ign, 2 imp/rev, 6 volt pos or neg grd
2. mag or std pt ign, 1 or 2 imp./rev
3. std pt ign, 3 imp/rev, 6 volt, pos or neg grd
4. std pt ign, 4 imp/rev, 6 volt pos or neg grd


Curt Warren
Salt Lake City
1948 1.5ton Loadmaster
http://photobucket.com/48loadmaster
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
8
'Bolter
'Bolter
8 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
I thought I would follow this up.
Steve H turned me on to Westach who made me a great 6V 3IMP/rev 3500RPM tach. (Thanks Jerry Hotrod Lincoln for that info)
I installed it in one of Westachs bullet housings.
Here it is up close, and with the other gauges.
The 2in gauge was $125, bullet housing $16, light kit $6.
It is well worth it to me!
I just noticed the reflection of wires from my C3P0 phone protector in the face of the tach, if anyone is wondering what it is.

Last edited by 801curt; 12/16/2013 7:28 PM.

Curt Warren
Salt Lake City
1948 1.5ton Loadmaster
http://photobucket.com/48loadmaster
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
Looks good. Like that face much better than the one I got from my local parts house.


Steve H

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0