The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (DadsFirstPickup, Wrenchman), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,305
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Hello guys. and gals! I have a 1961 Chevy 3/4 ton LWB stepside with a 235 going under the hood. What I need is someplace I can get the band relined or the info about the specs on the lining material (thickness, width). I saw a thread on here once but can't find it now. I live in Arizona, so a local shop would be preferred but not mandatory. Thanks, any and all help would be appreciated.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Check with the Parts people at some of the Heavy Duty shops in your area and see where they send their brakes for relining.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
M
mpg Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
don't know if there is one where you are but a company called 6 robbles did mine here in wa. state took them about an hour cost 60 bucks

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
As Dave posted, check with one of the heavy truck shops in the
area. Not a brake band, but I took my clutch disk into a shop
that does brake and clutch relining and they did a bang up job
for less than I could have gotten one from the auto parts or
vintage vendors.

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0