Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Wrenchman, Ponchogl),
105
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,670 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 | Does anyone have the measurements for relocating the pivot for the throttle linkage from a '38 TD 216 to a 1962 235? Also, what hardware is used? Is that pivot threaded or pressed into the 216? Ive seen some pics from pre68 Dave, not sure if he re-uses the pivot, or fabs it.
Thanks! Oh, the engine runs smooth, except for a vacuum leak, the alignment ring at #1 cocked as it was going in. Had to pull it off to drill for the pivot anyway, but got to hear it run! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Sorry I did not get back to you with the measurements. I am on vacation for another week and do not have them with me. Anyone with a 1937-60 216 or 235 could give you the front pivot measurement.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 | Ok, no worries! Enjoy the vacation! Hard to come by! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 | Is the pivot pressed in, or threaded originally? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Just found this in one of my old posts. The mounting hole should be 12 9/16" from rear of block and 4.850" down from the deck of the block. Yes, they are threaded in.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 61 | The bellcrank in several pictures has a hex base on the block end. The one I have access to doesn't. I've soaked it with penetrant, heated it etc. I don't want to scar it. Are the early ones also threaded? Are they available? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | All factory bellcrank pivots have a hex base. What pictures are you referring to? In the picture in THIS LINK you can see what the 1941-62 pivot looks like, 1938 is similar but has a bigger hex and a nut on the outboard end to hold the arm on. The hex in the block in this picture is a 1/4" pipe plug I used to replace the missing mounting position on 1960-62 engines.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I wish I were home where I have more pictures, but I an wondering it you are talking about the post that the return springs attach to on a 1937-40? That does not have a hex, it is driven in. When I get home next week I can post some pictures of that conversion I have done. Can you post a picture of what you have?
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 | It is a threaded fitting. | | |
| |