The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (3B, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, Gib70, Joe H, KEVINSKI, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,451
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
I've got a 1969 Chevy instrument panel and before I put it back in the truck I want to test it to make sure that it's working correctly. Is there a way to do this?
I know that I can hook up a 2 amp charger to a vehicle and check the various circuits. But can I do the same thing to just the instrument panel that has been pulled from the truck without damaging it?
Just wondering


I gave up golf for this!
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
If your not setup to check it, it will be difficult. You need an air compressor with a good regulator, adjustable from 0-60# plus or minus a few. A 75 ohm pot to check the fuel guage. Is it an amp of volt gauge.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
Sorry, Larry I wasn't clear. I am sure that the instruments etc. work. What I'm interested in is how to determine which wires control which lights. For instance I've gotten the turn signals and the high beem indicator working but I am not able to get the lights that aluminate the instrument panel to work. They worked a month ago when I took everything apart before I began to rewire everything. Now I can't determine which wires control the lighting. Struggling but having a good time!
Thanks for the post!


I gave up golf for this!
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
That makes life easier. You didn't blow the fuse, right. smile Looking at the factory wiring diagram (which leaves some doubt) the power comes in on a grey wire which is on a corner of the panel connector and is tie to the heater light, then a 5 amp fuse on the fuse block. My best guess is the other side of the fuse is a dark green wire from the headlight switch. If you have a test light you check to see if the light varies as you turn light switch knob. I hope GM as gotten better at wiring diagrams.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0