The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gdads51, 2 invisible), 60 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,636
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
first off, sorry I've been out of here for so long, but very busy with work and the truck usually runs great
however: right now I have an issue. when I drive I'm good. Then I kick the clutch, get off the gas, and it sounds like I'm driving over a rumble strip.
I suspected my drive shaft park brake (1 ton) but I removed it, same deal.
No play in driveshaft, so no u-joints or center support.
In short: help!
I need to drive it on a 500 mile round trip tomorrow, leaving in 12 hours frown


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 129
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 129
When my truck did that, it was due to the rear end pinion nut backing off and allowing too much play in the gears. It wrecked the pinion and ring gears. Hopefully yours is something different.



Ed Miller
'58 Apache short Fleetside half ton Napco
Falls City, OR

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Ed thanks you got me on the right track. Quickly disconnected the driveshaft at the rear end. the nut is securely in place, but my pinion bearing is definitely shot. and who know what else.
New question: will I wreck it if I drive 500 miles tomorrow??


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
Yes, change your plans

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Unless you are looking to meet some new friends, I would fix the bearing before the trip.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0