The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, Phak1, tclederman, R&S 51 GMC, Wayne67vert), 141 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#971824 09/15/2013 2:08 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
This may not be the right forum, but I have 2 questions on the 57 GMC 370 LCF:
(1) It has the 6 cyl. 270. It looks like the engine is leaning towards the passenger side. But It looks as if it was sitting up straight, the carb. would touch the firewall/doghouse. Is the LCF supposed to have a leaning motor, or do I have a bad motor support?
(2) I need to buy a heater blower motor. How do I tell if it has the deluxe or the standard heater? The parts list shows them to be different motors. The part number on my old motor is a Delco # 5047944.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Old GMC Gold; 09/15/2013 2:09 PM.

57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
I have a '56 and my motor doesn't lean.
Standard heater just has an on/off switch where a Deluxe heater has an elaborate set of levers and swiches. Hope that helps.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
Thanks. Mine has the levers and switch with a chrome bezel.
Don,t know about the engine. I will get a bar and check the bellhousing mounts.
Hotshoe 99, could you tell me how close your carb. is to the doghouse? Mine is only about 3/4 to 1 inch with the motor leaning over.

Last edited by Old GMC Gold; 09/16/2013 11:08 AM.

57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
just ran out to look. Carb is about an inch and a half away from the doghouse. Then it has an s shaped tube mounted on it with the oil bath air filter to top it all off. When the hood is closed it just about touches the air filter.
It sounds like your carb will hit if the engine is straight ?

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
Yep. Mine has the same setup, with the s shaped tube. Mine may not have the correct carb. on it. When I got it, it had an automatic choke. I removed that and installed a manual cable.
It starts and runs too good for me to start changing carbs.
I will check the mounts at the bellhousing. Seems that is the only place that would allow it to lean some. I have room to lean the engine over some, without hitting the doghouse. Thanks for checking that for me.


57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
I have noticed some people ask for help with a problem, but never reply when fixed. I don't want to be guilty of that.
I found the problem on the " leaning motor" The right motor mount may be squished some, but actually looks good and no movement up and down. What had happened was the right side of the crossmember had lost 2 of the 3 bolts and the 3rd one was loose. I jacked the bellhousing up and replaced all the bolts and put a 1/8 shim on top of the engine mount. Then rotated the rectangular front mount ( it was squished on the right side) NOW, my engine sits up straight and proud!! Also I had more room for the carb. than I originally thought. Thanks again to hotshoe99 for his help.


57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Thanks for the update we do get curious.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
Thanks for the update. Glad it all worked out.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0