The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, BC59, homer52), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#971122 09/12/2013 9:06 AM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 19
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 19
I have a 41 burb with the no sync 4 speed tranny.
Is there a tranny I can swap into this driveline and still keep the torque tube?
Jim


'52 GMC, '41 Suburban and '28 Chevy Street Rod
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
Not that I've heard of. I've been trying to figure the same thing but all I could come up with is a closed drive SM420 and modify the torque tube and driveshaft. Seems like a lot of work.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
The three speed was standard equipment and will fit right in.
It is synchronized in second and third.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 237
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 237
I have a 1941 1 Ton Chevy truck transmission with an open drive line.

It is going in my 1946 Suburban that I had a new 3.55 rear end built for.

Think about changing out that old low rear end you probably will sooner or later. Most people do, I have on all 4 Art Deco trucks I have had.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,248
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,248
I wonder how much of a problem it would be to substitute in the newer 48-54 1/2 ton enclosed driveshaft assembly and use the newer 4 speed?

John

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 19
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Pre '68 Dave
The three speed was standard equipment and will fit right in.
It is synchronized in second and third.
What years am I looking for to find a 3 speed?
The same era or is it something newer.
Jim


'52 GMC, '41 Suburban and '28 Chevy Street Rod

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0