The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (dt235sd, Rich'sToys, wilbur53, Stovebolt48), 173 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,288
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 101
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 101
I got the tie rod off, but messed up the spacers/spring on one end. I have looked in the parts book and manual but can't find that part/parts. Anyone know where to get the part/parts I need?

1.5 ton 1945 - (2)thin washers, (1)leather? washer and a spring. Looks like this setup keeps the grease in and clean on the tie rod ends.

Mark


1946 1/2 ton - 1962 "261"
1953 1/2 ton 5-window - "235"
1955 1/2 ton - 55 "265" Corvette motor
1959 1/2 ton Fleetside - "283"
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 101
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 101
I found on Summit Racing "Tie Rod End dust boots" and "Ball Joint Dust Boots".

Has anyone used these, what size do I need for the 1.5 ton?

Mark


1946 1/2 ton - 1962 "261"
1953 1/2 ton 5-window - "235"
1955 1/2 ton - 55 "265" Corvette motor
1959 1/2 ton Fleetside - "283"
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 101
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 101
I found them local - Tie rod dust boots, 3/4" hole. Too tall, but I will cut down and try them.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Mark


1946 1/2 ton - 1962 "261"
1953 1/2 ton 5-window - "235"
1955 1/2 ton - 55 "265" Corvette motor
1959 1/2 ton Fleetside - "283"

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0