The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (John Dlugos, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53, Buckeye998, Chip O, WICruiser), 183 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#970008 09/07/2013 6:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Can someone explain to me how to install the back window in a 46 1.5 ton, I have the rubber and the glass. I just don't want to break the glass installing it.

jdchevy #970088 09/08/2013 12:56 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
I assume the 1.5 and 1/2 ton are the same?
I just did mine on my 46 1/2 ton. I had Steele rubber. I used a sealant between the steel and the rubber. I put the rubber in the sun and let it warm up. Then fit it tightly over the flange. You cut the rubber so it is slightly compressed on the end. Take some supper glue and glue the two ends together. I bought some nylon pry bars from Harbor freight. Now you need two people. I used some dish soap and set the glass in the rubber at the bottom. Then the person on the inside followed me around the glass using the nylon tools to work the rubber over the glass. Then I was able to work the spline in using the nylon tools by myself. The Steels people said the orange hand cleaner without the pumice works really well as a lubricant. I did not try that. I then sealed the glass to the rubber.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0