The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#967284 08/27/2013 10:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
I know its possible with modifications. I remember seeing a picture of it somewhere (on here I believe but I couldn't find it).

Anyways, I know the frames are different, but here was my thought.
Switching out all the cross sills to the 54' spec. then just using the 47-53 bedsides, front panel and tailgate. The truck came with a "year correct" bed to replace the 73-87 bed which was on it... being a newb to the classic truck world... I missed this when I purchased the truck. The PO said it was a 54 bed... which it wasn't... it was the earlier version. Everything is in fairly decent shape metal-wise.... so I'd like to use it (as I'm on a very tight budget like most people).

Any tips/help would be appreciated! Thanks fellas!

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
anyone?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,248
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,248
I think the frame is different in the amount of arch over the rear axle. So I would think it would be mostly a matter of mounting to the bed, it would need different blocking under it to make it sit level. I was thinking that from 1954-87 the bed box stayed the same, only the rear fenders changed.

John


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0