The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (cmayna, TUTS 59), 164 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,612
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Ok, I'm finding bits and pieces of info on this sun
shield. Where would the model number be stamped on
the original Fulton visor?

The instructions that I've found say you can identify
the 807 by, "the wings are squared off on the ends."
What do that mean?????

And the 800 (passenger car visor) has "the edges
rounded where it meats the cab near the drip rail."
What's meant by that????

Also Tiny talked about the difference in the "dog
bones" for the AD vs. the earlier art deco? Any body
have pictures of the two styles?
Denny G

Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/17/2013 12:35 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
<CLICK> If you look at the illustration 9A and illustration 10 they show the dogbone bracket with the upper leg about half way up the bracket. That's the type my body style would have used. The visor I bought had the type of bracket shown in illustration 9C. If you look carefully the upper leg is much closer to the top of the bracket. They are made out of malleable aluminum so we were able to make it work OK. The 807 must be a later model because I see this site doesn't have the info on it. It could be similar to the models shown.

Last edited by Tiny; 08/17/2013 5:10 PM.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 25
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 25
Denny,

Take a look at this link compared to the link in the previous post. You should be able to see the difference you are asking about.

By the way it looks like both if these links fall under the same web site.
807 Installation Instruction


Chuck,

'51 5 Window 3104
'47 Chevy Fleetmaster
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Yep Richard, the 807 was the standard visor made to fit the
AD's. I'd like to hear from someone as to where the model
number is stamped. I'm sure it would be on the inside and I
would think it would be behind the center section panel where
you wouldn't see it. From what I've seen it looks like the side
brackets for the AD's are, just like the ones in 9c rather than 9a.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Excellent link Chuck! Yep, Denny the end brackets in Chuck's link are the same as the ones we modified to use on my car. The ones in 9A are the brackets to fit my body style without modification. I can't help with the model number.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Had that site in my favorites for a while Chuck, wish I could
print it out but the web page or my confuser won't let me print
or copy it. That does show the installation on the AD very
clearly. Still would like to hear from someone as to the
location of the stamped model number and the visual description
that I was asking about. I was going to look at the visor but I
wanted to make sure it was a "Fulton" and that it was an "807"
that I was looking at before I shelled out any money for it.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Would it by chance be on the Fulton medallion on the end bracket? If you want to print part of a site and they have it restricted you can press the Print Screen key. That puts a screen shot of the image showing on your monitor onto your clipboard. You can then paste that image into about any document or image viewer and print that.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Yeah, done that, printed out about 12 pages. But when you do
that you're printing the whole screen, headings and menu bars
and all complete with that advertisements on the side bar.

My computer lost the power to the power supply early this summer
and it had all of my pass words, photoshop, drawing programs,
MS office and a bunch of other things that made me look like I
knew what I was talking about. Sure do miss that computer, it's
like I suddenly developed dementia. I use to screen print sites
that wouldn't let you copy and past them into photoshop, do a
little cropping and make a complete nice looking document that
I could save to my archives, which are also gone now. At least
they're on the old hard drive. I'd like to upgrade to a new
computer but then I'd have to buy all new software and I just
can't afford all that expense right now.

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Trucks Guys, let's talk about trucks.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Welllll Charlie, thought Richard and me were havin' a nice
conversation and since him and I were the only ones
participating and since I been askin' bout the Model number
stamp location on a "real" Fulton since Saturday and dint seem
to be getting anywhere with that.....so in another thought, I
thought I might take the opportunity to vent my frustration at
my inability to find someone that can help me get my confuser
up and running now that it's been sitting idle for the whole
summer with all my seven years of TRUCK archive on it, all my
favorites and all that stuff that helps me post pictures and
other stuff when someone has a question about their trucks that
I might have the answer to.
How bout that, said it all in one sentence.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/19/2013 10:42 AM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0