The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bill Marlow, TUTS 59, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#964408 08/17/2013 7:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
I took apart my 6volt horn to clean it up and paint and thought i had laid out all the parts in the correct order to put it back together. NOT! I can use a little help. Does any one have a picture or diagram of the inner workings of the horn so I can see what i am doing wrong in the assembly? Thanks Steve

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
When you push the horn button does it make one click then nothing until you release the button? If so I made that mistake on my horns. It took me a while to figure out I put the diaphragm on 180 degs out. I spun it around and bingo, working horns.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
i get nothin, been swapping things around with no results

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
finally got it!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
What was wrong?


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
See if these photos will help you.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1955190sl/August182013
Harold
wave


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
Tiny, started flipping over parts and moving the washers around till i got the correct combination, it was the one thing i didnt take pictures of when i disassembled it. Harold your link comes up page not found, thanks steve

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by smoloney
Tiny, started flipping over parts and moving the washers around till i got the correct combination,
It's amazing how one little thing can really mess things up sometimes. Glad you got it figured out.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Quote
Harold your link comes up page not found, thanks steve
Steve , Do not understand why. It opens when I click on it.
Anyone else have a problem opening the link?
https://picasaweb.google.com/1955190sl/August182013#

Harold

Last edited by Harold46; 08/25/2013 6:26 PM.

Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,232
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,232
The picasaweb link doesn't work on my iPhone. Haven't tried it on Windows. There is a locked padlock icon at the top of the page. Perhaps public viewing is locked.

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Picasa Web Albums

Explore

Sorry, that page was not found.

©2011 Google Terms - Privacy Policy - Developer - Blog - Google Home

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
Tiny, yes the over whelming value of a minutes worth of pictures!

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
I have placed the photos on another site.
See if you can open these:There are 3 photos. pix
http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/h...mp;_suid=1377726337430023118832463787225
Harold
wave


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
honk


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
Is this still for sale?


1952 Chevy 3100
1953 chevy 3100 Hot Rod
1946 Chevy Pickup
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
Hey Harold, I need some help now. I got my original 1950's horn and connected everything and get nothing but a very weak buzzzzzzzzzzz. Did you ever get the pictures worked out so I can see what you did? I can't open the link to your old post either.


1952 Chevy 3100
1953 chevy 3100 Hot Rod
1946 Chevy Pickup
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 79
sorry got them.


1952 Chevy 3100
1953 chevy 3100 Hot Rod
1946 Chevy Pickup

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0