The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, Shade Baby, TooMany2count, Bluesky54), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
A
awk
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
I think I may know this, but checking. I believe the location for the 2 holes for mounting the right outside mirror is a mirror image of the location of the left side holes. Is this correct? Adding a right side stock mirror.

Thanks,
awk

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Yes, and if you look under the dash, your will see a brace that has holes in it that match the hole locations for the mirror.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,232
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,232
Here is a recent post with pictures of the reinforcement plate (brace) that Tim mentions.

NOTE: The bolts are in the WRONG place. A previous owner probably guessed the mounting location for the mirrors and drilled from the outside without checking the reinforcement plate on the other side of the fender. You can see the correct mounting holes on the reinforcement plates.

> Stovebolt post

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
A
awk
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
Hey thanks guys. This is great info. Good thing I asked before I drilled away. The picture are "fantastic"

awk

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
A
awk
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 45
Hey this was very helpful. Got my mirror installed last night with no issues. Thanks again.

awk


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0