Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 | Anybody know what's going on with Michael "Jolly" Goodfellow's 60-66 GMC website? http://6066gmcguy.org/ Forums appear to still be up but site is missing. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 | According to Jolly, his wife and her family made him walk away from it and not spend any additional funds on it. The files are trying to be transferred to a sister site. According to one member, who just sent $400 as a donation, well he may be a little mad right now.
Last edited by Modelman; 08/08/2013 10:11 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Hosting costs for web sites should cost no mare than about $50/year (no more than $60-$70). A domain name should cost no more than $10-$15/year. Storage costs for a discussion board can be higher, especially if the BBS hosts users' photos, rather than having posters/users host their own photos. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | I'm not know of any $400 donation sent to me, Highest sent to me so far this year was $76.
Just keep in mine this has nothing to do with my wanting to shut it down, the cost of keeping the site. its all about how som epoelpe think its the main reason we can't afford to pay ALL the bills we have, I only own money on my house!!! Being out of work for 6 months had nothing to do with that I guess.
So to keep from going into the Big "D" word, and lossing every thing anyway I gave it up, you can't take what is freely given.
Now there is not really any reason for me to stay here, so one more straw and I'm out of here.... and I'm taking the CAT!!!
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 197 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 197 | Jolly, I liked your site and thought it had a lot of useful info. If the sister site thing doesn't work out I'd like to host the files on my site, just let me know.
Some of my crap: 1963 C-30 flatbed dually 292/SM420 1965 C-10 LWB fleet 250/column shift 3 speed 1965 C-30 9' stepside 250/SM420/4.10 gears (my DD) Website I made for my crap: http://www.66submarine.com | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | current URL for the 6066 GMC trucks information site : http://6066gmcclub.com/gmcguy/hosted at their forums : http://6066gmcclub.com----- Thanks for all of that hard work Jolly, lots of great information within those pages. I've sent scores of GMC guys to it over the years. -W | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Hello, W,
Reload/refresh your browser. Unless the website has been re-published/hosted since last week, it is gone (except for the copy of pages in your browser's cache).
Last week, I was telling people it was still up - I cleared my cache and it indeed was gone.
I hope you are right and it is up again.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Yes, it is now working. People on other discussion boards have reported that they were prepared to copy the files and host them. It looks like it has been accomplished.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | if the 1st doesn't work [should], try the 2nd: http://6066gmcclub.com/gmcguy/http://6066gmcguy.com/same site and likely hosted the same place Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | i think that we should all send thanks to Jolly for his sacrifice and contributions to the site ron | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | did you try your links,, red58 works fine,yours dont
Last edited by joker; 08/23/2013 1:35 PM.
Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Regardless, good luck to you and your family, Jolly. | | |
| |