Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | Perfect, thanks. i will look for the beer and ice cream. If i can't find that i'll just ask for the guys having the most fun.
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Ok gents!
Lets get a list of who will be coming, so that we can start planning out the circus activities.
I have the following:
Pierce 1 and 2 Cosmo Grigg John Milliman NapcoMan Mike Roache Nick C Alec Mike B SWEET Jim Brad Joe C. (Saturday only) Hambone
Who else??
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 | I will be "dropping by" sometime...either Friday or Saturday (maybe both), but won't be able to stay overnight, due to prior commitments (bluegrass festival).
I would like to time it for Grigg's ice cream!
Victor
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I'll have Accacia and likely the other Grigg along for Saturday afternoon. I'll be gone Friday evening/night.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Is the "other" Grigg older or younger? With all of that nesting going on.....
Sweet I plan to be coming through FB Friday whenever (as early or late) as needed based on your schedule. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Add Josh to the mix. He'll be hauling the "Lifeboat". | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 456 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 456 | Napco Man is out; I'll be in Alabama. Have a great time Brothers! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 2 | I'll be coming on Saturday morning for the day. Hoping to meet everyone. Might also give me some incentive to finish my 57.
Frank | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | I will be there with wife(Anne) in tow. Arriving Fri evening, doing show Sat with plans to be by camp Sat evening for meet n greet( Fellowship) or happy hour depending how ur lookin at it. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Thats great to hear!! There seems to be a good number of us that will be there. A week away and there isn't much talking being done. Normally there would have been many more pages of discussion. I hope that the discussions pick up. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | "Discussion" just to have discussion only confuses those looking for real details and happenings. On the other hand a thread with useful info about the show and who is coming is what we have here, it's great.
About that ice cream Victor is looking forward to. Think it's worth doing a batch Friday mid day and Saturday afternoon or just one on Saturday? 8 qts at a time seems to feed 20-40 people depending on how much they like ice cream. Without a freezer we'll have to eat it all in a couple hours in any case.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | How much ice do ya need Grigg?
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Usually about two 8 or 10 lb bags per batch. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | We have to eat all the ice cream that is made. Darn.
I will do my part!!!!!
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | As of today, Peggy is coming! We will be bringing our Redneck RV ... We will be members of Hambone's Friday Flying Circus 
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | Hey, we raise cage free,free range chickens here on the farm. If you like I can bring a few dozen eggs and make a donation for the camp breakfast.? | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | Duwop, will you be bringing your truck?
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
John
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | This is starting to look like it is time for some short term planning. I am planning on bringing some libations from the Devils Backbone, any thing else needed?
I don't know what else goes on here, is there a swap meet? lotsa trucks to look at (I assume this part is a given) , Vendors?
thanks for any info. see you on Friday!!
Alec
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Alec
There is a small vendor section, bring some parts along, never know when you'll need trade bait.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | Hambone, Grizz ... Radio check, over.
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | I'm coming, just don't know if it will be Thursday or Friday. We have a new job at Bethesda Naval and the Gov't wants to have a kick-off meeting. It was scheduled for Tuesday, but it's been moved to Thursday...maybe they'll move it again to the following week! Alec I'll be there to get the engine stand... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | John, The 3800 is apart this year hoping to complete before next year. It would be great if I could finish the 63 camper and 3800 this year. I have another truck but its not a bolt if you were thinking of me hauling something. We are planning on bringing the Jeep. Just rambling pain meds forgive me. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 | whats up??? I will be down thersday eveing and agine Saturday Saturday I will have the kids in tow so it wont be an allday thing for me im hopeing I can get the fireturck back togeather for this event if not ill be truckless
ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to, Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society AND A MARINE trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | Sweet, thanks. I am still in the "accumulate" phase, not much to trade. i will have a bunch of parts with me, but I'm just delivering them for Grigg. -Alec
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Actually for Duwop, John was going to stop and get them after KC but did a fly by instead. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Mike B, we are planning a convoy on Friday if you are coming this way.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | Mike B -- Indeed. Hambone, Peggy and I are planning to depart HQ around 10 am (-ish ...)
Hillbilly! Good to know you are still among the living!
JM
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Duwop, bring the eggs. My Buddy Josh volunteered to make breakfast in the morning for us. He makes some kick butt pepper jack eggs. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | No problem, I will leave them with whomever is at Camp ODSS Fri. evening as I won't be camping this trip. About how many dozen, I'm thinking 4or5 at least? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | That will work. I have a 35 foot Rockwood signature ultra lite travel trailer and 2011 Blue Chevrolet 4x4 dually somewhere near it. Friday, John will be there also somewhere. Thanks very much. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | Duwop -- Camp Stovebolt is *usually* located just inside the South entrance to the fairgrounds (transporter parking) on the left just past the gate volunteers' tent and the portopotty.
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | ODSS members, Anyone wanting to visit Jerry McDonald's shop we shall travel o/a Saturday afternoon. Plan to meet up at Camp Stovebolt. Phil, will you be there by 14:00 hrs? 15:00 hrs? When? You want to go, right? Commo check, please. Thanks. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, Maryland | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | Yes sir I'm in! Nick, I should be there mid morning. I think a early afternoon trip to visit your suburban sounds great.
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Phil, Roger. The list thus far making side trip Saturday 28 Sep o/a 14:00 hrs: Sweet, Alec, John, Phil, and myself. Of course, plans are fluid and can change, which means you could drop off with better time spent with people you may meet at the show or others can join the side trip at last minute. I don't care. Travel safe. I decided to trailer my 1948 Chevrolet 3100 Pick-Up with my 2000 Chevrolet 1 ton dually. Why? Safety and comfort, as I'm bringing 13yr and 12yr old sons and we are staying at Marriot Town Place Suites Winchester. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, Maryland | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Nick, pencil me in also, may have one or two others in tow. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 152 | John, I'll assume Camp Stovebolt will be near same location as last year. We stopped by there after talking with MikeB last year. We will be by camp Fri.evening. Anne and I will be heading that way after she gets off work Fri.,Time at this point is unknown. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | Duwop -- I'm assuming same. Unless the Acting Interim Camp Commandant Pro Tempore goes crazy Hose Beater on us and sets up somewhere else ...
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Wow, didn't think about the crazy hose beater part when I appointed him. I hope it works out:( I did figure he would take over the Stovebolt Command Vehicles usual spot and then hog all the lectric! You go Mikey! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Sir, Roger on Mike, et. al., expressing interest on side trip to Jerry McDonald's shop to see '52 'Burb restoration (metalwork)at 90% completion rate. All welcome as this restorer is going to be at the show and plans to commiserate with me. Why? Project funds are on a 25% glidepath from what previously was budgeted during this time last year. At least I should be able to afford him through final body work, prep, primer, and final paint, which may take another 2 years, though. Expensive, but worth every bit, especially, once all tell me (hopefully) that my decision to go with this VA gentleman was a win win. Thanks Mike. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD | | |
| |