The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Peggy M, Cletus1950, Charles in CA), 134 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,217
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
I am wanting to upgrade the front suspension on my 53 chevy from the straight axle/drums to IFS/disc. I am far from a motor-head but have heard that there are some "bolt-on" replacements from other vehicles and some new purchase options. Can someone tell me what other vehicle suspensions would work on my truck? I am a welder/fabricator so any should be able to manage a swap.

Thanks!!!

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Try the Hi-po shop for more information, but I knew of this kit being sold by one of our members, here's his original post on the subject and here are some pictures of the installed units on various trucks.

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks! I will contact him and see if he can help me to get going.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0