The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Southerntruck, klhansen, Mike B, Robert Crandall, Peggy M), 103 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,646
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#954594 07/05/2013 12:44 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Hello to all. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy just the brake line from the master cylinder to the other side of the truck. All I need is the one line. It is on a 1949 Chevy truck 1/2 ton short wheelbase. All stock. All the other lines are good. Found out someone before me tried to patch the line. Thanks as always. Steven, Red 49 Truck

I can find the kits everywhere but not the single line.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
Easiest way is take the section you need to replace to your local parts store and get the proper size/length of line. Bend it yourself and if you're not comfortable cutting the length and re-flaring the end, I've taken lines to the auto repair shop and they did it for a couple $$. Heck the parts store might do it for you. Then replace the line on the truck and bleed! On my 49 1/2T the line just goes from the master under the engine to a T union on the pass side frame rail. Pre bend lines can be more trouble/cost than they're worth.


Ed
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Thank you 49. I was trying to get out of bending my own but looks like I'll have to. No one wants to sell just the one line. All my other lines are really good so, it's either buy and bend or replace the whole mess. Again, thank you. Steven


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Brake lines rust out from the inside. The damage is not visible from the outside. If one has rusted through the others can't be far behind. I'd recommend replacing them all, including the flex hoses.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
gain, thanks to all. Looks like I'll be replacing all of them. Steven


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0