The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Opelika Tom), 115 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
will 1953 3100 rear brake backing plates, drums etc fit my 1950 3100 truck. My goal is to replace the huck style system.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
the fronts will fit, I used them on the front of my 46 1/2 ton, you just have to redrill the bottom holes and use spacers and the front hubs and drums will slide right on you're spindles

Last edited by hoozat; 07/01/2013 5:04 PM.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Why are you replacing the Huck brakes??? Properly installed and
adjusted they stop the truck fine just like any other brake.
They'll lock the brakes up at any speed, I've done it many times.
Now if you're planning on running on a road course that's a different story.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
Originally Posted by Denny Graham
Why are you replacing the Huck brakes??? They'll lock the brakes up at any speed,
yeah like denny said and ive done it also but probably not as many times as denny. i have them on al three of my trucks and they will throw the passenger out through the window. oh and all time you'll save you could be out enjoying a ride. drive

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
I am missing all of the huck emergency brake hardware both sides....if I could fine what I need I would keep them...any leads for the parts would really help.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
I agree with the recent posts. The only reason I can think of is the cost and availability of parts?


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0