Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2013 Posts: 11 | I am attempting to place a new speedometer face and odometer numbers on my 1953 GMC. The old numbers on the odometer just flaked off now I can’t figure out how to realign the odometer so the numbers will move in sequence. Can anyone help. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | Where did you score the numbers? I spent a whole day getting a set to print and glue on mine. Sorry, all I remember is it comes apart and goes together right, only one way... and after enough times I figured it out.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2013 Posts: 11 | Classic Chevy Truck Parts
| | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2013 Posts: 11 | getting it apart and together again no problem. Getting the numbers to turn in sequence, that's the problem | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | It's not going to help you, but anyone else doing this should make a small scribe mark on the side of each wheel between the 0 and 1. This will serve as a marker to line up the new tape.
To help you, someone who has one apart needs to take pictures showing reference to what number is by the little trigger that turns the next wheel. That should get you closer than the random you have now. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 |
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | > See "On to the odometer" in this Tech Tip - Lonnie Lonnie, I followed this Tech Tip to the letter & my rebuild job went without a hitch. KEY! Follow directions. The Tech Tip page is a fantistic resource.  Harold
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | When doing this, is it a requirement to place the new numbers exactly as the removed sequence, or is zeroing OK?
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | you can change the displayed mileage to anything you want, but it needs to be done with the original numbers showing first, not just by pasting the new numbers on at zeros, be a bit frustrating when the first mile traveled caused it to change to 01,111.0 from the previous 90,999.0  Bill | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 | Is this the same procedure for a 1950? Mine works well, but will be adding new decals, bezel, glass and seal. I would like to use new decals on the odometer...
| | |
| |