| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
12 members (TUTS 59, TexasJim50, Jay R, TooMany2count, amtrakjoe, Hotrod Lincoln, cmayna, Woogeroo, Rusty Heaps, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
93
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,411 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 135 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 135 | I would like to replace the drag link (connects the pitman arm to the left hub) on my 64 k10. I cannot seem to find the part. Anyone have any luck locating one? I tried LMC, Ecklers, NAPA, rareparts.com, American classic parts...no one carries this.
Another item I am trying to locate are the rubber front engine mounts. Twice upon purchasing what I thought was the correct items it turned out they didn't fit. Anyone come across a place that carriers the correct mounts for a K10 with 283. Thanks for the help.
1964 K10 Fleetside Pickup Truck | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 132 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 132 | Any good Auto parts store should be able to get the parts. I got my motor mounts at the local Auto zone and the drag link came in a kit from performance online. My truck is a 65 c10 that came with the 283.
Brett
Last edited by longboarder; 05/14/2013 10:38 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 52 | I want to the local tire store and went thru their book and came up with a pair of tie rod ends and an adjusting sleeve to make a new drag link. I don't have the part numbers handy but will look them up and if you email me I will send you the part numbers. I haven't dealt with the mounts yet so I don't know on that. Thanks Lyle
65 K10 Longbox Fleetside Big Back Window Custom Cab 65 K10 Flatbed Old School Parts 60-66 (208)946-6173 [email protected]
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 135 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 135 | Wanted to thank Lyle for giving me direction on the drag link replacement. The parts worked out perfectly. I was able to determine that both TRW and Moog didn't make this part. I suspect from Brett's response there are some specialty vendors that carry the part...which I was able to validate, but the one or two vendors that did carry it wanted $300. Lyle's solution was much more reasonable.
1964 K10 Fleetside Pickup Truck | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Early small block Chevy vulcanized rubber motor mounts are available at any auto parts store and all the usual suspects, like: www.classicparts.comwww.lmctruck.comwww.truckandcarshop.com
Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 06/15/2013 6:45 PM.
| | |
| |
| |