| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Otto Skorzeny),
127
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,442 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: May 2013 Posts: 2 | I drug a trailer home from our cabin, it started out as a lesson to the neighbor who acts like our property is his since we rarely go. I do know my grandfather bought this trailer in 1966 in Wichita KS. I'd appreciate any help determining what I have and if I should leave it as a trailer or try to sell it. I do know the fenders/lights on fenders are '47/48 Harley Davidson because of the p/n. Not sure how much anything else has been chopped up on. If we can't figure it out, plan is to leave it as a trailer and remove the tailgate to make a bench. Photos at link below, I can take others or look for markings. Thank you. https://www.dropbox.com/sc/65xadqgyaks1rek/MsbDxSTcfR | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | The box itself and tailgate appear to be a 40-46 GMC piece. I'm just saying this because of the lines and being that I have one, I'm quite familiar with how they look. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 54 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 54 | Yeah the bed looks like 41-46 Chevy/GMC tailgate makes it GMC, the fenders are motorcycle fenders, most likely Harley. | | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: May 2013 Posts: 2 | Thanks!! If you were restoring one is it preferred to use the kits with new straight beds or would there be a market for this? would this one be in too rough shape to sell?
ct artdeco, yep the lenses say Harley Davidson on them. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | I wouldn't say the bed would be worth enough to worry about it, unless you have no use for it as a trailer. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | If the fenders True Harley's they probably are worth more than the trailer. Check out eBay or Harley sites to determine value.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 211 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 211 | I thought 41-46 tailgates did'nt get stamped? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | American GMC's were stamped, otherwise they weren't, including Canadian GMCs. | | |
| |
| |