| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Hanks custodian),
153
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,679 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 | So I been thinking about getting a s10 t5 for my 54 3100. I have a 61 261 engine and a 55 2nd series rear end with 3:38 gears . I'm not sure what year transmission would work the best with my rear end gear ratio . i do want one with the mechanical speedo . i plan on running 500/525-16 FIRESTONE tires | | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | I forgot where exactly where I got this from but I did save it on my computer. Here is what I am installing in mine 1956 3100 1352-145(trans #) 1985,1986(Year) S10(truck) 2.5 L4,2.8 V6(engine) 3.76(1st) 2.18(2nd) 1.42(3rd) 1.00(4th) 0.72(5th)
The T5 is available in many different variations. Various manufactures have used the T5 in their vehicles, but the ones we are most interested in were used by GM and have the standard GM bell housing bolt pattern. The best candidates for most Advance Design trucks are those used in the 1983 to 1987 Chevrolet S-10 pickups. These earlier models are readily available, have a manual speedometer cable connection, and can be bolted right up to your Chevy Inline Six with few modifications.
The V6 S10 transmissions seem to be the best option for most swaps. They are built a bit heavier than their 4-cylinder counterparts, and the 0.72 or 0.73 overdrive ratio is strongly preferred over 0.86 ratios found on most 4-cylinder applications.
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,458 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,458 | With 3.38 final drive you may want to consider one with 4.03 1st gear if you: have tall tires, need to get started on steep streets or go on back county road that are steep / rough or require low speed travel. If not 3.76 1st is a good choise. I've got the lower 1st in my '60 with 3.56 spicer rear axle. You don't use 1st that long on the street but it has saved the clutch and my nerves great stress.
BC 1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc 1949 GMC 250 project in waiting 1960 C60 pasture art Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 | i plan on running one of these tires firestone tires firestone tires 2
Last edited by big_dan_1950; 05/05/2013 4:53 AM.
| | |
| |
| |