The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (BC59, Danielbolt, Otto Skorzeny, Rusty Heaps, Peggy M), 104 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#939861 04/30/2013 6:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
I have a 1950 4100. I konw it was stock without turn signals and only one tail light. when I got the truck the turn signals where already mounted on the fenders so Im not going to remove them. I have all the lights working,front and rear turns and parking stop lights. My question is can I get original equipment lights that have the daul fillement bulb? The one that came on the truck only works parking and stop lights not turn. I also might add it is still a 6 volt system which im not planning on changeing either.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by boyle
I also might add it is still a 6 volt system which im not planning on changeing either.
Good for you. Someone who can help with the wiring will be along shortly. I use the original turn signal (arm out window) so I can't help you.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Unless your signal switch was built for it you can not use the brake light circuit. You need separate lamps with most after market units.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
I have all the lights working. But Im using signalstat tail lights I want to use the original type tail lights I just need to know if they are made with dual filament bulbs.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Did they not originally have two bulbs (for tail & stop)?



Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0